EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST - DUE 26 MAY
2018 Group exhibition - From small things, big things grow
An initiative by GOST - Gallery of small things - in partnership with Megalo Print Studio + Gallery. From small things, big things grow which will run from 1-22 September 2018. Print-based artists are now invited to submit expressions of interest to participate in this exhibition.
From small things, big things grow. This exhibition will be held in two locations: Megalo, Kingston and GOST, Watson and two new works need to be created by the artists - big and small - providing artists with an opportunity to create a smaller scale of a larger work.
GOST holds one group show a year and showcases a visual arts sector. In 2017, it was Ceramics and in 2018, it's Printmaking. The GOST gallery is less than 6 metres' squared and less than 6 months old making it Canberra's tiniest + newest gallery. The Megalo gallery is nearly 3 times the size and has a rich history as Canberra's original home of print making with its studios and workshops providing 38 years of experience to the community and beyond.
KEY DATES FOR ARTISTS
- 15 April 2018 - EOI opens
- 26 May - EOI close at midnight
- 5 June - artists notified of outcome
- 24 August - delivery deadline for artworks, captions, images + pricing by artist. Artists should factor in the relevant commission when pricing their artwork.
- Small works have a commission fee of 40% (GOST). Large works have a commission fee of 35% (Megalo).
- 22 September - closing event at GOST, Watson
- Unsold works to be collected from Thursday 27 September at Megalo Print Studio + Gallery (Tues - Sat 9.30-5pm)
ELIGIBILITY + SELECTION
- Printmakers are invited to submit a short proposal (200-300 words) responding to the theme and describing the ideas/creation of two new works.
- A one page current CV
- Examples of current work - a small selection of images (3-5), format: jpeg approx 1MB - 3MB with captions (Last name, medium, size, year)
- Size: large works to be no larger than 1 x 2 metres for Megalo and no larger than A3 for GOST (works smaller than A3 are encouraged)
- Can I submit older works? No, works must be made in 2018.
- Exhibition participants should not be engaged in undergraduate studies.
- Groups are not eligible to apply. Only individuals can submit an application.
- Applications will be assessed by a selection panel
- The panel aims for print media based artworks in their selection process.
- The panel's decision is final.
- Unfortunately, due to the number of applications anticipated we will be unable to provide feedback on individual applications.
- The small and large works do not need to be identical versions of each other however they should be connected in someway. For example a preliminary study for a larger work or contain a related theme.