Megalo Print Studio 2020 Gallery Exhibition
Terms and Conditions
Megalo will continue its commitment to high-quality, print-based exhibitions showcasing contemporary printmaking, multiples and related work. The Megalo Gallery committee is looking for EOIs that will create a balanced program and will consider proposals for solo, group and curated exhibitions. Megalo welcomes exhibition proposals of professional print-based work by artists residing in Australia. Please note that in its continuing support of artists, Megalo does not charge a gallery fee.
Megalo will be responsible for the sale of works from the exhibition and will retain a commission of 40% of the total sale price. Commission should be considered when pricing your work and extra consideration should be given if represented by another gallery.
Cost to the artist/s
- Opening costs for drinks and catering*
- Megalo commission on all gallery sales 40%
- Should the artist wish to have hard copy invitations, these will be designed by Megalo using our style guide and the artist/s will be charged for printing and postage costs
- If represented by another gallery, check your agreement on sales and exhibiting elsewhere. Megalo accepts no responsibility on the matter.
- Provision of high quality images, current CV, artist statement, artist bio for use in promotional materials and media releases 3 months prior to the exhibition.
- Providing artwork in a timely manner for exhibit
- To provide beverages and catering through Megalo’s preferred suppliers: Lerida Estate Wines and Graze Expectations. *
- Liaise with Megalo staff regarding catalogue and invitation.
- Cost of transporting work to and from the gallery
- Insurance of the artwork whilst it is in the gallery and in transit
- Promotion of the exhibition. Promotion includes: E-Invitation to Megalo Subscriber list and membership base; Social Promotion including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter; Press Release to the media;
- Curation, installation and de-installation of the exhibition (unless otherwise discussed)
- Provision of key dates and deadlines to the artist/s
- Design and printing of the invitation (if requested by the artist) Room sheet design
- Inclusion of invitation in designated E-News
- Staff the exhibition, provide information to visitors and process sales
- Provide basic hanging system and tools
- Provide current public liability insurance
- Electricity and security
*Using our preferred suppliers guarantees that our openings remain consistent and to a high-quality standard. Our suppliers are local Canberra businesses who deliver fresh, quality produce with the ability to cater to a range of different price points and needs.
Further information and a formal gallery agreement will be provided to successful submissions.
Any questions regarding these terms and conditions please contact:
Ingeborg Hansen, Artistic Director / CEO
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 02 6232 6041